Forbidden Pleasure by Lora Leigh: Mini Review

Forbidden Pleasure: Part 1 (Bound Hearts) - Lora Leigh

So this was not good. Let me start over. I ran into an acquaintance and I happened to have a book with me (truth time - I always have a book with me) so we got to chatting about books and somehow she came around to this one. It had been recommended to her by an older lady whose book club had just finished it, which amused her quite a bit given the content of the book, and so she had read it and liked it "but it's a little risqué" *wink**wink*. "Oh, you sweet summer child," I thought. Because I've spent the last 5 years reading fanfiction, you know, where the smut lives. And my base line for erotica is, frankly, in a whole different league here. For both quality and content. This book doesn't even come close.

In Forbidden Pleasure we have a potential menage between Mac, his wife Kiely and Jethro, his best friend/FBI partner. Mac wants all three of them to be together, so he manipulates the situation so that his wife will be receptive to the idea, knowing she'll only agree if she has an emotional attachment to their third and also knowing that Jethro is in love with Kiely. But he's not in love with Jethro. Nope. Of course not. No homo, bro. All. The. Way. Through. I'm not going to lie. This really pissed me off. I'm pretty sure that if you want a guy to sleep with your wife, while you also sleep with your wife, and you get turned on just by thinking about it, you are not exactly a zero on the Kinsey scale. Let's be real here. Also, the book wasn't particularly sex positive, considering it's full blown erotica. The amount of times characters referred to themselves as "slut" or "pervert/ed" was mind boggling. And I don't even really want to get into the quality of the writing. It's giving me a headache just thinking about it. Honestly, when it comes to erotica, I think I'll be sticking to fanfiction.